Warranty cards and such

Donald E. Mannino DonMannino@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 21:02:06 -0800

John M. wrote:

>>Out of curiosity, do you have idea how many warranty cards are NOT =
sent in?
Does that affect the warranty at all on your pianos? Is that the =
dealer's
responsibility in most cases or the purchasers?

The warranty card is not required for the warranty to be in effect. It =
does, however, help very much for us to be able to quickly look it up to =
verify the warranty. We can usually give an instant answer as to =
warranty status if the warranty is registered, so service is less of a =
problem.

To my knowledge it is against U.S. law to require registration of a =
warranty.

Some dealers do it, some owners do. For Kawai (and most companies) there =
is a survey on the card for the owner to fill in, asking about their =
satisfaction with the piano and the dealer, etc.

Don Mannino