Spot voicing

Dave Swartz, RPT dms2000@PioneerPlanet.infi.net
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 17:46:40 -0500 (EST)

At 05:08 PM 3/6/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear list:
>
>A friend in California showed me this neat trick. He would isolate the string
>that needed voicing with a mute. that indicated what part of the hammer was
>at fault. Then he took a long thin metal dowel with a needle stuck in it and
>voiced just that part of the hammer thru the strings. Never removed the
>action. Seemed pretty neat. Regards, Sam G. Chgo.

I guess that's why Glen Hart created the chopstick voicing tool!?!  And yes,
gang, I use the mini-moto tool for voicing...have 2 of them...wish I could
find those awsome voicing pliers (any of you remember those things?...had
about 30 needles..one squeeze..and then......you spent 20 minutes picking
out the broken needles from the hammer).  We should compile a list of some
of the most bizzare tools used in our trade.  It would be fun!  OOOOhhh
Ohhhh, let's not forget the (dog) hammershank nippers.

website:  http://www.majesticpiano.com