string loops

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 14:28:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Lance

>I did not know if these kinds of loops would be attractive to others, or
>if they would be appropriate for entire sections of pianos.

I'm sure if you do them uniformly they will be quite attractive.

>Sorry if you knew about these two ideas, too, thanks again!!

Actually, I didn't. I've been using moleskin (Dr. Scholl's) on parts of my
hands where the wire presses, comfortable, but it tends to leak adhesive
from the edges as the day goes on. A thumb sleeve would be far better.

I'll try the dowel trick -- just like Bill to make things easier. Sounds
easy on the hands, too. Sometimes the simplest ideas are best. I suppose
everyone else already does this, but I came up with a way to hold a
single-edge razor blade easily just yesterday. Small block of wood, 2"
square x 1/2" deep, put saw kerf on 1/2" side, drop a few drops of crazy
glue in crack, insert blunt side of razor blade, top off with white glue.
(White glue is a very good kicker for crazy glue.) Then, of course, I
remembered to sand the corners of the block, with the razor blade already in
the way. It was very nice to cut bass damper felt with, using Bill's cutting
block. I'm wondering if the blade can be knocked out by softening the glue
with acetone -- to insert a new one -- I'll try pretty soon and see.

Good luck with the pinblock!

Susan Kline, R.P.T.
skline@proaxis.com
P.O. Box 1651,