to whom it may concern

robert moffatt piano service moffattr@cadvision.com
Thu, 06 Mar 1997 09:38:05 -0700

Oorebeek A. wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> To those who have sent email to me in regard to the discussions about hammerheads and hardener, either privately or on this list, thank you for your educating remarks and comments.

> Furthermore, allthough I have had a lot of experience in America and with Americans, I obviously am not, and can not be, totally aware of the underlying feelings and emotions. To gain that insight, I would have to live in the US for at least 20 years.

Dear Mr. Oorebeek,

Yes, the English langauge has a lot of subtilties and can be taken in
many ways. I'm sure the same applys to other langauges as well. I'm
afraid you totally mis-read the meaning of my reply possibly as a
result, although your command of the English language seems very good.

Once again, my thoughts on working with hammers and tone are purely my
own, but open for discussion....to all. However, it appears your
feelings were hurt as a result of something I said.  Whatever you read
into my reply I don't understand. Probably as a result of my not
understanding what it takes to translate someone else's meanings into
ones own.
 I have obviously touched a raw nerve here some how. Maybe you could
please explain, very simply, what it was that made you react the way you
did over such a (in my opinion) harmless and purely technical
discussion.
Also, no slight intended here what so ever, I'm not American...I am a
cousin to the north, being Canadian.
It may take someone longer to express themselves up here, as
conversation tends to be a bit slower due to frozen lips! (an attempt at
humour)
Lets stop cluttering the list with this type of talk. It has already
proven to have disastrous results on a similar thread quite recently!

Please reply privately.

Respectfully yours,

Bob Moffatt
Calgary, Alberta