An Interesting Request -Reply

David Graham U40DCG1@WPO.CSO.NIU.EDU
Tue, 04 Mar 1997 09:17:52 -0600

I think I would suggest she buy her own piano for such a project. This
would not be an appropriate use of school property, nor one that a
school of music should approve of. The piano is a musical instrument, not
a prop.  I did once tune a piano for a visiting Russian dance troupe which
was to be played by two dancers lying down on the lid, playing with
their toes as the piano was hoisted across the stage! (quite a neat trick-I
can't hit all the right notes with my fingers, never mind my toes) This is
sometimes a weird business, but I think the request being made here
goes a bit beyond the pale. I'd say no.
David Graham,RPT
dgraham@niu.edu