Chickering Anniversary Grand

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:42:27 -0600

----------
> From: Les Smith <lessmith@buffnet.net>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Chickering Stringscale
> Date: Monday, March 03, 1997 12:59 PM
>

>And, to be truly objective and fair, I suppose one would
> have to mention the fact that the Q-G's legs were also quite
attractive!

> Les Smith
> lessmith@buffnet.net

Well I never noticed.  But as long as we are on the subject of
Chickerings, mine is called the "Anniversary Grand."  The  legs look
too small to be "quite attractive". It once was a player, because
there are holes going through the key bed, and there is one pneumatic
left up under the posts.  Perhaps it had double legs that many player
grands had.   I am wondering what kind of player it was.  Pretty sure
it wasn't Ampico.  It doesn't look like there was a drawer so where
the heck was the spool box? I am wondering if this was an add on.  If
the pushrods of Pianodisk are like the old Marantz Pianocorder, I
might already be set up.

Richard Moody