Chickering Stringscale

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 20:55:33 -0800

Danny and List,
I guess the label "Quarter Grand" threw me and I looked right past it.  I
have it in my book.  BTW, I wanted the scale to confirm what the mic gave
me on those rusty strings...... Well, I was off on several.  Glad I
checked.  This little piano is a Chickering and Sons and there is a lot
of sentimental value to the owner.  (I think she teethed on it, then
conceived her first eight children on it, then put it in the garage for
30 years) I'm thinking of using the Chickering Brothers, Chicago decal,
just to help even the score.... The entire tenor are single ties, guess
I'll get plenty of looping machine practice. Thanks for all who
responded, I learned something, as usual..

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
lafargue@iamerica.net