Sciortino Insta*Coiler modifications

Rolland Miller 70642.3604@CompuServe.COM
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 21:08:44 -0500 (EST)

Hello list,
I recently purchase a Sciortion Insta*Coiler and had problems with it snapping
the piano wire off at the becket.  I rounded off the inside of the coil hook
(where the wire passes over the threads) slightly which seemed to help quit a
bit especially when using Ronsen wire.  It still  didn't do very well with my
Mapes wire.

Are there any other points which need "machined" or should I just do some more
filing on the inside of the "coil hook".

Thanks for any help.
If you would prefer to send to me privately use
Rolland Miller, 70642,3604@compuserve.com

Rolland Miller RPT
Miller Piano Service
Berea, Ohio