The darn plastic elbows

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sun, 02 Mar 1997 16:02:12 -0800

DICK BEATON wrote:

> Here is how to do it the easy way....Just get a small soldering iron...20
> watt or so with a small tip....Just stick it in and heat the plastic as you
> pull on the elbow.  When the plastic melts it will come right out in your
> hand...a few seconds each.
> Dick RPT

Dick,
I have a serious reservation about heating that old plastic with a
soldering iron.  Some plastics give off toxic fumes if they are burned.
I would take some samples to a labratory and have them checked.  The EPA
might be a good place to start.  Lung or liver problems might be the
least of your problems!  You might get a lawsuit from a customer!

Sincerely,

"Chicken" Warren :-}}

--
Warren D. Fisher