The darn plastic elbows

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Sat, 01 Mar 1997 22:38:25 -0800

David ilvedson wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am replacing a set of elbows on a Winter spinet, (Horace,
> condolences accepted in advance).  Usually they just break up
> into dust and I can snap in the Vagius elbows and be done with
> it, but most of these are soft!

David, if you put the jaws of parallel plier firmly on both sides of the
center pin and use small side cutters, turning them 180 degrees after
each cut, you can cut out any kind of plastic elbow without breaking the
sides of the wippen mortise.  Also there are several nibbling tools
available that will fit inside the mortise and chomp away untill it is
clean!

Don't get too frustrated!

Warren
--