Piano Mover

BSHARPTUNE@aol.com BSHARPTUNE@aol.com
Sat, 01 Mar 1997 13:36:48 -0500 (EST)

Hi Dick:

There is a battery powered motorized piano moving dolly that moves on a
cleated rubber track called the Roscoe Piano Dolly invented by two brothers
in Florida whose last name is Roscoe.  At a NAMM show,  I saw it climb a mock
stairwell with ease with a Steinway D loaded on it!  They claim that it will
travel across mud, snow, sand, in addition to climbing stairs.  It has been
invented for quite some time now, so I believe it is time tested.  However,
the advertised price is 3995.00.  When I first saw it about 7-8 years ago, it
was only about 2,000.00.   It must be popular!  They run an ad periodically
in the back or a magazine called, I forget, either Music Trades, or MMR
(Musical Merchandise Review).  I have some of these magazines at work and
could get you an exact address/ph# if needed.  Just let me know!

Hope this helps!

Devlon Bignault
Western Ky. Univ.