The London Piano Duo

Scott Thile sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 20:08:22 -0700 (MST)

Hi John and list, you wrote:

>I got a phone answering machine message to tune for "The London Piano
>Duo" in April.  I have never heard of them, nor was I able to bring up
>anything on a Web Search.  The names of the pianists are (something
>like):  Richard Market(sp) and David Nessle(sp).

I tuned for the London Piano Duo last year for two different concerts in
Western Kentucky.  One in Hopkinsville, the other in Paducah.  They were
both "community concert" type venues.

They had two CD pianos with them. They had "selected" them in New York
before starting the tour.  The pianos were OK last year. Most of the pianos
I have seen on these tours are pretty good.  These were not as well matched
as I would have liked but they worked.  I had a little voicing to do and
one of them had a sostenuuto problem that took a little time.

Both of the duo are nice and very easy to work with.  There names are
Nettle and Markham.

And best of all....  They paid me cash...  I like that.

I was not able to attend ether concert so I don't know how good they are.
Pound your tunings in good, I lost a couple of unisons on the first night.
Rock solid the second...  I hardly ever loose unisons any more, must have
been some concert.

Hope this helps you.  I have misplaced my contact information on them.

Yours in pianos,

Scott

Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano-Instrument Technician