Young Chang action noise

Ted Simmons ted@PALMNET.NET
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 05:47:35 -0500

Here's another possibility.  If the noise occurs when the key is released
and the hammer drops toward the rebound rail, it may be hitting the screw
that adjusts the whippen balancier position.  I ran into this just
yesterday on an old Baldwin that someone had rebuilt and used repetition
stop button felts that were too thick.  This required the adjusting screw
to be backed off too high and the hammers were clicking on the top of the
screw when they returned.

Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL
(One hour's drive from convention city, Orlando)