cleaning -Reply

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 22:00:04 -0500

Jeepers Creepers in the Mountains, as my grand father used to say.
Think what soggy felt would do laying on  the bass strings.  Well
make it tighter, and the plate struts higher.  Excelsior!!

Richard d'Thurber

	"Sweetheart, have you seen my pistol?"   James Thurber, from "The
Battle of the Sexes.
----------
> From: Warren Fisher <fish@communique.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: cleaning -Reply
> Date: Monday, June 23, 1997 9:07 AM
>
> Richard, list,
>
> I have had some problems with string covers in the soggy South
because
> the felt or cloth soaks up a lot of moisture and holds it right on
the
> strings not allowing the area to dry out.  I used to live in
California
> so I know it would work great there.  FYI
>
> Warren
>

> Richard Moody wrote:
> >
> > I think this is a most important consideration  a piano maker
should
> > address.  A felt cover to protect the strings all the way through
> > the tuning pins should be installed in every grand piano.  But
this
> > would not look nice in the showroom.  Back to the $1,400 violin
being
> > left out of its case for more than 30 minutes at a time. What do
you
> > expect on a piano for $14,000 or more?
> >
> > Rm.
> > > From: Tom Cole <tcole@cruzio.com>