Unsubscribing

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 19 Jun 1997 07:56:04 -0700 (PDT)

List friends --

I see nothing to prevent technical information from wandering back and forth
between the lists. If some of us (or those who used to be some of us) are
happier with a more formal, lower volume site, fine. The University people
certainly have their own concerns, such as how to move pianos to new
facilities, that don't need to show up here.

Personally, I can do without flames and parting shots from some of these
people just fine. Only a few of the flamers offered us any technical ideas,
and those few people I tolerated much more happily.

I for one will lurk on the caut list, and not offer a peep. However, if
something which I find really interesting technically comes up, I may
privately email the source, and ask if I can put it on pianotech. I think
there are a lot of _very wonderful_ technical (and human) (and musical!)
minds still on this list, and I will be very interested to see what they
have to say about a lot of subjects, "elementary" and advanced, in the future.

"Elementary" topics may not be as rudimentary as people assume. There are
ways to get through simple things, and there are ways to do them _very
well_. Most of us do them every day -- we might as well do them really well.

There is always the possibility (gracious! heavens!) that pianotech will
come up with material even the most strait-laced "caut" might find worthy of
attention. Why not? They could import it to their list, and talk about it in
ways not displeasing to themselves.

My 2.5 cents' worth --

Susan

At 09:27 AM 6/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Terry Beckingham wrote:
>>
>> Jim, Warren, Elian, Anteres, Terry, et al
>>
>> Your comments are right on the money.
>
>Many discussions and hints, (from those who have unsubscribed, too) have
>been utilized to the benefit of my customers within days of their
>postings. I, too, have very fine local technicians (RPT's) who assist
>me. Information from the list is one of the ways which I can repay them.
>I sincerely hope that all who are on the list remain, for their
>influence and help reaches far beyond the list subscribers.
>Dan Hallett, Jr.RPT
>Hallett's Piano Service
>dhalle@toolcity.net

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Either this life I'm in is very dream-like, or this dream I'm in is very
life-like."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant