Soundboards/stress

Antares antares@EURONET.NL
Thu, 12 Jun 97 15:30:30 -0000

Bob Hohf wrote:

>All of my comments refer to unloaded soundboards.  So what does loading do
>the stresses?  Applying downbearing does not simply put the board into
>compression:  if it did, boards would not crack.  I thought I might go into
>this here, but this message is already kind of long.  Maybe another time.

André Oorebeek writes:

Bob Hohf,
Thank you very much for your fine evaluation of stress and tension in soundboards.
As a subscriber to this list I would appreciate it very much  if you could tell us more about this issue, it is highly interestingand I certainly learn a lot from your experience!

Friendly greetings from :

CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
André Oorebeek
Amsterdam, the Netherlands