Piano Shaped Object

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:08:28 -0500

Dear list:
I've stayed out of this as long as possible, but unfortunately have been
asked my opinion by both parties.  I have a customer who wants to sell
her 15 year old Kimball LaPatitte pseudo-grand-piano.  I have another
customer who wants to buy it.  The have asked me what it's worth (in
American dollars.)

Obviously, my inclination is to say the seller should pay my moving fee
to have it hauled off and the buyer should find a new tuner, but it's
hard to say that tactfully to 2 little old ladies.

Unfortunately this is the real world and this thing isn't going away.
What should I tell them?  Right now, I think the seller is thinking
$1500 and the buyer is thinking $900.  Any and all suggestions will be
appreciated.

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter