Player Pianos

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:47:19 -0500

Actually it is better to have the OWNER put a roll on BEFORE you do
anything.  That way  they can point out things they might want looked
at. And if you are a player technician, you can point out some things
they might want looked at.   Which is better than having them say. ,
"Oh this wasn't like this before you started working."
If you are not a player technician and you tune a player and the
owner complains about something not working right after you are done,
aren't you glad you have pianotech?  What is really good as Bill
implies is that some times a 5 or 10 minute repair gives an
improvement that is worth well over a dollar a minute, in the eyes of
the owner. And as he says, it is FUN.  ( even if you only get paid
$20 an hour. )

Richard Moody

----------
> From: Maxpiano@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Player Pianos
> Date: Wednesday, July 23, 1997 6:55 AM
>
> Andrew and list -
>
> Posts to this point have pointed out that the player mechanism may
no longer
> be in playing condition.  If this is a 1920's upright, never
restored, this
> will certainly be the case.  On the other hand, some have been
restored, and
> the console/studio variety made since 1950 usually do work.
>
> I make it a practice to put a roll on BEFORE doing anything to the
piano, so
> that I know how well it is working, because the customer will
naturally hold
> me responsible to leave the player working that well if not better.
 And