Absolute pitch

Don Rose drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 22:38:46 -0600

Hi All,

Just my 2 cents (lol) on the *pitch*

I have a client who grew up with her piano 75 cents flat...yet she has
*absolute (or perfect) pitch at A440. This would indicate to me that in her
case...she was born with this ability...

I have another client who is *profoundly* deaf...less than 20% hearing...yet
at all notes up to f5 (the highest pitch she *can* hear) she has absolute
pitch...

Really what is in a name anyway??? This ability really has little or no
bearing on the tuning of a piano...
Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com