Perfect Pitch

lenny lenny@STIC.NET
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:21:41 -0500

When I was at the Navy School of Music to study for Chief, we had to do
melodic dictation to advance, and one of my good friends had what your
saying is "perfect pitch", and it got him into a world of trouble at times.
 For instance we would be taking dictation in one key and he might be one
half step away on certain notes, because the piano would be out of tune on
these notes.  So it can be a curse as well as a gift.
Lenny Childs, RPT

> From: Phil Bondi <tito@peganet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Perfect Pitch
> Date: Thursday, July 10, 1997 5:56 PM
>
> ..i'll keep it short..
>
> ..until someone comes up with a better *term* for what some of us are
> blessed with, it will always raise questions..perhaps Relatively Perfect
Pitch?