decision on embarrassed

Thu, 10 Jul 1997 07:22:07 -0700

> pianoman wrote:
> >
> > Dear Delwin,Ralph, Warren,Kent,Ronald, Thomas.
> > After going over your various suggestions I have decided to do this plan.
> > I have ordered from Harbor Freight the Boa-Constrictor strap wrench
> > (industrial strength cost $23.94 including shipping), I will get a propane
> > torch when the wrench comes and heat the bolt and epoxy till it gives.  I
> > will drill out the hole with a 1" forstner bit
>
> James,

Are you sure all that's going to be necessary?

If you're reasonably careful in removing the bolt, you should be able to
wire brush the old epoxy residue off the bolt, clean out the hole a bit
and epoxy the original bolt back in same hole. This time at the correct
depth. Let it cure, screw it back on the piano and you're out of there.

Or did I miss something?

ddf