decision on embarrassed

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 9 Jul 1997 16:48:57 -0500

Dear Delwin,Ralph, Warren,Kent,Ronald, Thomas.
After going over your various suggestions I have decided to do this plan.
I have ordered from Harbor Freight the Boa-Constrictor strap wrench
(industrial strength cost $23.94 including shipping), I will get a propane
torch when the wrench comes and heat the bolt and epoxy till it gives.  I
will drill out the hole with a 1" forstner bit and epoxy in a 1" hardwood
dowel and drill it to the proper size and install a new lag screw-bolt so
that the proper length is present to screw into the nut in the bottom of
the keybed.
What this exercise in losing money demonstrates is that you can't take
enough measurements of anything to take it back to your shop to do.  For
this $20 repair to the customer I will have spent around $40+ and lots of
experience that I hope I remember.  I will proceed further with how it
turns out as I get the material.  Thank you all for your opinions and
advice.  That what this list and all of you, my friends, are about.
  I have alerted my customer that it will be a few days till I get back to
her.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Business is like an automobile.  If not guided it goes downhill easiest"DH