Intermediate tuning tip

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 7 Jul 1997 02:44:28 -0500

Hi Jim,
	My Dad was in Italy in 44 and came across a piano in a bombed out
church.  He said they tried to tune it using wrenches and a guitar,
but it sounded worse than ever. I believe he also mentioned that it
was an area set up with fake installations to draw enemy fire.  No
wonder it didn't hold a tune.  I wonder if they knew to  tighten the
plate bolts...

Richard The Peace-nik
	"War children, is just a shot away."  'Rolling Stones

ps  Question, how many "Points" does your tuning hammer have, 6, 8,
or 12 ?
pps  How the heck to they machine those tips?

> From: Jim <pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU>
> To: Richard Moody <remoody@easnetsd.com>
> Cc: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Intermediate tuning tip
> Date: Sunday, July 06, 1997 7:52 PM
>
> Hi Richard:
>
> I confess, I did the same thing in India while in the Army Air
Corp.