..a Tuning Question..

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 02 Jul 1997 06:40:39 -0700

Phil Bondi wrote:

> ..a piano player called me today..a friend of mine..told me he did a gig
> where the tuner tuned A2 and then A7 FIRST..and then tuned the piano from
> there..it seems the tuner used an electronic device as reference for A2, and
> then tuned A7 to that..
>
> ..i asked how the piano sounded..he said it sounded good..
>
> ..i asked if he knew HOW the tuner tuned once he was happy with A2 & 7..he
> didn't know..
>
> ..he of course asked me if i had ever heard of this method..i said no..
>
> ..has anyone on this list heard of this method??..i'm curious.

Sounds like someone is pulling legs like crazy!  There is a two-octave
temperament developed by Dr. Sanderson, but he only tunes it an octave
at a time, but five octaves?  This would totally eliminate any kind of
stretching procedure.  Sounds like VooDoo to me!

Warren
--
Home of the Humor List
Warren D. Fisher