Upright pressure bar

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 17:38:20 +0000

> Date:          Wed, 29 Jan 1997 10:05:04 -0600
> From:          atodd@UH.EDU (Avery Todd)
> Subject:       Re: Upright pressure bar
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

Hi Avery,

It was my understanding that tuning pins came in 0/0, 1/0, 2/0
up to 6/0.  I took a measurement of a tuning pin from the
Kimball and it read .275.  I measured a set of 0/0 pins I got
from Yamaha years ago and they measure .275.  I measured a set
of 2/0 pins I have and they measure .280.  When I began in the
business I thought there was only 2/0  to 6/0.  Yamaha informed
that they begin at 0/0 or at least did on some piano I was
working on years ago.  Anyhoo to quote Jim Bryant, "maybe I
don't know what I know!"

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA