Upright pressure bar

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 13:36:54 +0000

Dear list,

I am restringing an old Kimball upright and have a couple
questions.

#1...When I restring I will remove the tenor/treble pressure bar
for ease of stringing.  I imagine I will just take measurements
along the bar and return it to the same height and pressure.  Is this
correct?

#2...The piano has 00 pins!  I will be putting in 2's.  The
tuning pin area has this dimpled brass? sheet over it and my
2's just barely fit in the holes.  Would I have to drill the
plate holes bigger if I was using a bigger pin?

I will not be able to rescale this piano because of time
constraints.  Darn!

Thanks in advance...

ilvey, RPT
Pacifica, CA