The use of Vulgate on the net.

Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:51:56 -0800

Andre,

In the happy event that I am ever in Amsterdam, you may be assured that I
will look you up.  Chocolate cake?  Latte?  Yum.  (By the bye, you also
have the world's best gin - Bols Genever.)

What's life without a little fun?

To get things back on track re: pianos, I am mosted interested in your
analysis of (particularly) the Foerster.  The very few I have seen in the
US have been, for their purchased purpose, adequate.  I remember a client
of mine, who had been a student of Franz Rupp, telling me that many
accompanists preferred the Foerster.  Certainly the (relative) clarity of
the bass and usually clean tenor would have something to do with this.  My
admittedly limited experience is that they were/are difficult to keep well
regulated, in part because of the oddly designed back action.

Any thoughts or suggestions you may have would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Horace

At 10:32 AM 1/25/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Horace,
>I loved your letter.
>Tears were streaming down my flamish cheeks!! from laughter! (do you know
paintings by Jan Steen? it's like that!)

>You said:
>"I wonder if I can figure out how to make my keyboard do Sanskrit..."
>
>I have a customer who is unbelievably intelligent...he has almost finished
his Sanskrit  >and<, Chinese language study! I believe there are only a few
of them here (most of them became plumbers anyway).
>I think he has a keyboard possibillity for both languages, I could ask him.
>In the mean time, I thank you for your good naturedness and humor.
>
>When in Amsterdam, come and collect your latte and a good piece of dutch
cake!

>Friendly Greetings from:
>
>CONCERT PIANO SERVICE
>Andr=E9 Oorebeek