Resin pinblock repairs

Ronald Duschenchuk rduschen@mail.netusa.net
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 23:09:03 -0800

In reference to the use of high tech resins for reinforcing split or
de-laminated pin blocks, what is impact resin? I have used both
polyester resins and epoxy resins in repairing my sail boats. Both have
their proper places in boat construction with the epoxy resins probably
better suited to heavy duty uses.

Would those technicians who have responded that they have used resins to
repair split pinblocks please e-mail to me or to the list the type of
resin that they used. If you indeed used impact resin, could you give a
more complete description of its properties?

Thank you,
Ronald Duschenchuk RPT
Sayville, NY