Mailing Lists- (Off-track! Delete at will!)

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 18:10:48 -0800

><<    Firms assemble mailing lists from EVERY imaginable source. From
> phonebooks to lists assembled by workers who must be roaming the
>back-country
> for names off of MAILBOXES, for Pete's sake!!!  >>
>---------
>My wife and I operate under the business name of Davis Piano Workshop. We
>once received a mailing from an auto insurer addressed to "Davis P. Workshop"
>which began,
>
>"Dear Davis P. Workshop:
>
>Because of your excellent driving record...."
>
>We still have the "temporary insurance card" in the name of Davis P.
>Workshop. I guess I should take our building out for a spin.
>Bob Davis
>Stockton, CA; and for Andre Oorebeek, Stockton is a town of 200,000 in the
>Central Valley, an hour south of Sacramento (capitol city of California), an
>hour and a half east of San Francisco and the beach, and two hours west of
>the Sierra Nevada Mountains and skiing.

And the home of my grand-aunt's Baldwin R that I wish she would just have
you tune so I don't have to trudge all the way down there for the ten bucks
she gives me for tuning it every summer.  (Its just across the street from
the fine arts building!)

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland, OR
tunrboy@teleport.com
"The Buddha, the Godhead, is just as at home in the circuits of a computer
or the action of piano as on the top of a mountain or the petals of a Lotus
flower."
-Robert Persig (freely interpreted by undersigned)