[Fwd: Pinblock Repair.]

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 26 Jan 1997 11:36:59 -0500 (EST)

>There is no springiness in the compression of Epoxy.  Thru long term
>it may not hold up the torque.  We even tried plastic bushings for
>the entire pin and found them to not hold up over long term and
>climatic changes.  Using fibreglas resin or epoxy to fill the gaps in
>wood does seem to work well over long term.

Jim

It is intersting that epoxy used in association with wood does work, but you
do not think epoxy by itself works. When you used the the plastic bushing,
was the plastic made out of the same material I described, which is the
impact resin, or was it made of some other type of plastic?  Speaking of
plastic, though, you say that epoxy doesn't have the springiness of wood.
There are plastics now that do behave like wood. Do you think some of the new
age plastics could work as pin block material?

Willem Blees RPT