More Amazing stories!

Maxpiano@aol.com Maxpiano@aol.com
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 18:52:34 -0500 (EST)

Wim-

n a message dated 97-01-24 09:42:19 EST, you write:

<<
 I got a call from a guy one day who said he had access to government surplus
 9' and 11' and 12' Steinway and Baldwin grands, as well as other surplus
 instruments. For a small fee he would give me the agency to contact.

 Willem Blees RPT

I was in the Army with a character who "had a 19-foot Steinway" at home.  His
"by-ear" renditions of classical works on the chapel piano were about as
accurate as his measuring stick.  You didn't dare challenge either one!

Bill Maxim, RPT