Production figures

UNATUNER@aol.com UNATUNER@aol.com
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 12:25:53 -0500 (EST)

Forgive me if this question is a re-hash of previously posted material.  I
remember earlier discussions, but the memory is dim.   A customer asked me
how many pianos were sold in the US per year, and I drew a blank.  I told him
that I thought a couple hundred thousand but reserved the right to be
wrong...Would anyone venture an answer?   To take it one step farther,  what
percent of these are Japanese, Korean, European, and American?  Guesses are
welcome, facts are encouraged.
Thanks in advance

Jerry Wood
Lombard, Il.