Gunslingers

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:40:15 -0700

>> Those whom you call "cowboys" we generally refer to as "gunslingers".

>A professional cattle herder in this area would probably give you a
>knuckle sandwich if you called him a "cowboy"!  They got away from that

That's 'cause ya'll in N'awlins... the land of the "Gay Caballero" (which no
longer means what it used to).  B-})  This is the land of the Calgary
Stampede, where cowboys (OK... cowhands is more politically correct!) still
ride 250 mile cattle drives on horseback and sing songs around campfires at
night... where "Cowboy Poetry" is a recognized art form and "Cowboyography"
has entered the vernacular as the name for a specific educational study.  <grin>

>something he isn't!  The "Professional" is called a "cowhand, or simply

I knew I should never have pressed the "Queue" button in the first place...
and I still prefer "gunslinger"!  B-})

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com