Unusual Story & Clark

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 11:07:30 -0800

Kit Cleworth wrote:

> Thank you to all who responded to my questions about the strange action in a
> Story & Clark.
>
> Because of you, I now know all I want to on this subject, and the owner will
> be glad to get the info.
>
> Kit Cleworth

Kit, I always liked doing dampers on that action.  The hammers and
wippen section lifts right out of the piano leaving the dampers
completely uncovered for any kind of adjustment or replacement you need
to do.  Best of all, the pedal is still attached and will lift them
normally.  The action frame is screwed down very similarly to a grand.
You need an 8 inch cabinet screwdriver to take out the screws.  My only
complaint with the action was that the repetition was very poor in the
soggy South.

Warren
--
Warren D. Fisher