glass soundboard.

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 19:01:18 -0500 (EST)

Andre.

Good to see back on line again. When you first got on, I asked you about a
fellow Hollander who invented a glass soundbaord, but you never aswered. At
the time, I didn't have his name, and so maybe you didn't understand what I
was talking about.

Several years ago I started tuning for a customer who is from Holland, and
her tuner was Cornelis Jacob De Baat. She showed me some information about a
glass soundboard he had invented. I write him, and he sent me pictures, and
newpaper article, and even a CD with him playing on one of his pianos with
the glass soundboard.

I showed these pictures to some of the manufactureres at the PTG convention,
and they seemed very interested. The last time I wrote to Cornelis was to ask
him how he made the "CRYSTAL SOUNDBOARD", but he never answered.

The questions for you. Have you ever heard of Cornelis, and have you seen,
and or heard his piano?  If you know about this, do you know how he does
this?  And, again, if you have seen or heard of this, how popular is it? Is
there anything else you can share with me and the list?

Willem Blees. RPT
St. Louis, MO
(born in Amstelveen.)