Answer from Holland

Ron Torrella torrella@umich.edu
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 07:52:08 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 18 Jan 1997, responding to Jim Bryant (FL), Oorebeek A. wrote:

> If I understand your question right, you wanted maybe new whippens
> exactly like the old ones?  As far as I know, it should not be a problem
> because the RENNER Factory can make an exact copy of any piano part.  If
> Renner cannot (which I don't believe), then there is ABEL, and if ABEL
> cannot then there are others.  Which of course you know..  So I would
> make a drawing and fax them for precise information.  If you need any
> assistance I'd be glad to be of help.

Seems to me, Jim, that Renner suggested that a photocopy of the part
(yup!) would be sufficient -- it's an exact rendering.  You may have to
spend a few dimes before you get the contrast just right.  It will help,
at the support flange, to indicate where the screw hole is by marking top
and bottom on the side of the flange.

> BTW, what do you mean by " The pin block is floating" ?  At first glance
> I thought you meant that there was something very bad with the pin
> block, but then you said "so there is no problem there".

Floating as opposed to sunken?

			     Ron Torrella, RPT
			Assistant Piano Technician
			  University of Michigan