Answer from Holland

Oorebeek A. oorebeek@euronet.nl
Sat, 18 Jan 1997 12:39:45 +0000

Dear Jim,
If I understand your question right, you wanted maybe new whippens =
exactly like the old ones?
As far as I know, it should not be a problem because the RENNER =
Factory can make an exact copy of any piano part.
If Renner cannot (which I don't believe), then there is ABEL, and if =
ABEL cannot then there are  others.
Which of course you know..
So I would make a drawing and fax them for precise information.
If you need any assistance I'd be glad to be of help.

BTW, what do you mean by " The pin block is floating" ?
At first glance I thought you meant that there was something very bad =
with the pin block, but then you said "so there is no problem there".

>Andre;
>  Sorry I can't help on the Ferdinand Karl but perhaps you can guide me =
on a
>problem I have.  I have a customer with a Feurich Grand and they want to =
have
>it rebuilt. The pin block is floating and the sounding board is in =
excellent
>condition so there is no problem there. However the repetitions (whippens)
>are a style that I am not familiar with. The whippen is 10.5 MM long from =
the
>back of the support (capstan) rail to the tip of the jack toe. The =
balancier
>(balance rail) is curved from the regulating screw to the balancier (let =
off)
>pad. This is a double curve like a hilde (~). The customer would like to
>replace these whippens with new ones if such are available. (we can =
refurbish
>these but the customer prefers to do a complete replacement.)
> Andre any help or guidance you, or anyone else online, can give would be
>appreciated.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Friendly Greetings from:

CONCERT PIANO SERVICE