What's it worth?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:46:10 -0500 (EST)

Greetings all.

I am asking for prices concerning older Steinway D's.   I don't see enough of
these move to really be setting a price on one. Both sides say they will go
with whatever I tell them as far as the value goes,  so if the miracle of
modern technology allows me to get a national average, gee,  I would be
grateful.
     Those of you who have  heard of, or seen one like this sell in the last
year or so,  would you please send me the price that was actually fetched?

Steinway D # 333296

4/0 pins, and an altered scale, ( just string sizes;  bridges, etc are
original)
Ebony case that is only fair
Big teflon hammershanks with worn Steinway hammers
Loud dampers
Decent soundboard,  minimum bearing at the top end, but has fair to middling
tone and response

   It is tunable, and playable.  presently used for recording.

Ballpark figures for what my customer should sell it for?

Thanks.,
Ed Foote