Bose & C & A questions

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:58:51 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-01-16 01:06:27 EST, Avery  writes:

>1. For anyone who has restrung a Bosendorfer (all single tie strings),
>have you noticed it being harder to stabilize the new strings than on a
>"traditionally strung" type of piano?

I haven't done a Bose, but some Masons have one tied string on each of the
trichords in the mid treble. And I did a Hazleton once that had all loops in
the mid section.

Be sure to tighten the loops by snugging them up. I use a brass rod with a
notch in it, and tap at the back of the tie, towards the hitch pin, so that
the loop is tight around the hitch pin. I chip tune the piano first, then do
the snugging. I then have to chip tune it again, but it does give more stable
tunings down the road.

Willem Blees RPT
St. Louis