Foot switch corral

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 20:33:38 -0800

Dear List,

Anybody who has ever used a SAT foot switch knows what a pain it is to
keep it under your foot while you're tuning from one end of the piano to
the other!  A couple of years ago, I corraled the pesky critter by
cutting off the top half of an old sock, then placing the switch in the
toe of the lower half and pulling the sock (& switch) over the toe of my
shoe so that the switch is located under my foot in the correct position
for use.  Then I put my foot on the floor and rock it forward on to the
switch whenever I want to change notes. Needless to say the switch never
gets away and better yet, since I coil my cord around three fingers
instead of the switch itself, and place the coil in the sock for
storage, I have not broken any footswitch wires or plugs since I started
this.  FYI

Warren
--
Warren D. Fisher