Low bass tuning

Ted Simmons ted@palmnet.net
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:54:55 -0500

Ron,
   One little trick I learned at a seminar was to split the lowest bass
string in half by inserting a mute between the center of the string and the
plate strut.  Then tune A0 to sound exactly like A1.  I don't know if that
will work on such a small grand.  It was demonstrated to me on a 7 foot
Steinway grand.  It's worth a try.
Ted Simmons, Merritt Island, FL