Mystery #4-Epilogue

Ronald R Shiflet ron_and_lorene@juno.com
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 22:52:28 -0800 (PST)

List,
	Now for the finals in this matter.  Since my Yamaha felts
buckled, I ordered new ones, UPS next day air, on Monday morning.  They
came in Thursday morning.  UPS owes me.
	I opted not to use the red felt and just glued the white felt
direct.  The *thump* is gone and now it's a normal damper job.  I'm down
to about 10 notes that still ring in the bass and then I'm done.
	I would like to thank you all for the tech tips.  It was a much
easier job.
Lessons Learned:
1.  Don't glue the red felt to the damper strip.  If you are going to use
it, glue it to the head.
2.  Slow cutting of felt by hand is much more precise than the
guillotine.  (Bill was closed up for the holidays.)
3.  If you take your rubber mute and stick the very tip of it between the
damper lifter rod and the damper lifter tray, you can then regulate the
damper heads to lift evenly.
4.  If you use the microwave to reheat your glue, stop it before 1
minute.  If you want a mess and good entertainment, set it for 5 minutes.

Ron Shiflet