Piano Tuners Salary

jpiesik@arinc.com jpiesik@arinc.com
Thu, 09 Jan 1997 10:18:46 -0500

     Hi All,

     I came across a book in the bookstore (imagine that!) in which I found
     the following information:

     Book: The World Almanac Job Finder's Guide 1997, by Les Krantz

     Page: 118

     Piano Tuner Salary:
      Begining = $16,000
      Midlevel = $32,000
      Toplevel = $64,000

     This info comes from their annual earnings survey.  Note that they
     average the numbers, somewhat, based upon data received for each
     category.  The toplevel represents what a top piano technician would
     earn, on average, among the top 90 percent.  Some, the book pointed
     out, could be earning much higher than the toplevel figure.

     Thought this might be interesting.

     Regards,

     John Piesik, RPT
     Piesik's Piano Service