Tuners--Broken Pins

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 20:05:40 +0000

Newton

I agree with your idea of driving the pin up through the plate being easier on the pin
block. I heard about an old-timer out our way who rescued a newbie who had broken a
tuning pin. He came right over, drilled a hole in the keybed (action out) directly under
the pin in question and drove it out with a long drift punch.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, California