Mirror Pianos

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 22:48:19 -0500 (EST)

>Voila the mirror pianos. The best known to me is the kit sold as
>the "MirraPiano" it even came with its own decal along with
>a pair of free standing front legs and hardware.
> The towblocks were cut off and original front legs removed.
>Through the course of years I have seen dozens of these
>and others that appear as homemade copies. It seems
>strange to us now but put bread on the table for techs.
> There must have been a market for these rehab instruments.
>Strange as that may have been I have also seen three uprights
>that had been turned into spinets --- but thats another story.
>
>Mark Ritchie RPT

I have seen and tuned a couple of those mirror pianos with the free standing
legs (French provincial at that) in the St. Louis area. One customer bought
one about 20 years ago, and was told by the salesperson at a reputable piano
store that the piano was only 10 years old. When I told her the piano was 85
years old, and wasn't worth repairing, she almost cried.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis