Mirror Pianos

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 18:37:18 -0800

Pianotoone@aol.com wrote:

> Believe it or Not  My parents owned one of these animals.  The were sold by a
> company called Roat Music Company out of Detroit under the name Mir O Magic.
>  The mirror did a good job of improving the appearance.  My parents purchased
> the piano in the late 1940's.  Of course it had been rebuilt pianistically
> (how's that for a new buzz word?).  My sister owns it now and still plays it.
>  I tune if for her once or twice a year.  I also run into about 2 others
> every year in my business.  For the most part they are in better shape than
> many the other pianos that old.  <I do get a little nervous around the mirror.>
>  But I work with stained glass and replacing a mirror wouln't be too
> expensive or time consuming.  Still I'm glad I've never had to do it.
>
> Dick
> Marshall, MI

Dick, on the ones I have, the mirror is loose in a slot behind the shelf
that sits just below it. I remove all the screws and clips, pull the top
of the mirror toward me enough to lift it out of the slot, then lay it
face down on the shelf and then lift both out of the piano together.  No
sweat!

Warren

--
Warren D. Fisher