Help with splitting bass bridge

Barrie Heaton Piano@forte.airtime.co.uk
Wed, 08 Jan 1997 21:04:04 +0000

Hi Mark

I've don't it on site a couple of times, It is a lot easier doing it in
a workshop environment.  I did them on site for cost reasons, the first
one I did on site was for practical reasons as well, as it was a huge
German pianola on the thrid floor of a block of flats and it would have
cost more to move it than repair it.

I find a good source of season hard wood are old School chairs and
tables you can pick them up from Schools from next to nothing.  The ones
I favour most, are the old bench type School desks and the lids are
about one and a quarter inches thiick and quarter sawn, seasoned for
about thirty years in a dry School room you can't go wrong.

You are right the orientation of the grain is very important.

Take care,

Barrie.

In article <970108115201_1157379466@emout05.mail.aol.com>,
RPSPIANO@aol.com writes

--

Barrie Heaton                                  |  Be Environmentally Friendly
The UK PIano Page                              |