SAT Problem

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Mon, 06 Jan 1997 07:56:04 -0800

Sy Zabrocki wrote:

> >From Sy Zabrocki--RPT
>
> My SAT has a slight problem with the jack which receives the mini plug for the line switch. Lately the line switch won't always advance to the
next note. I fou

> I have replaced the plug a couple times in the last few years.
>
> Anyone had this problem? I'll probably have to call Sanderson but don't want to send it in if not necessary.
>
> Sy Zabrocki--RPT

Hey Sy!
Are you sure it's the jack and not the wire??
I've had an SAT for about 8 years and I've had to replace the footswitch
cord about four times.  I now keep an extra with me.  I found that even
though I could not see the break, there was one and it usually happens
near the plug or near the footswitch.  I think it's because I always coil
it up a little too tightly, exactly the same way after 4-5 tunings every
day X 300 days a year, etc.  It just wears out.  If you can locate the
exact short or "break" you can cut it and resplice it for another few
years of use.  New cords are pretty cheap and easy to replace. I've never
had any problems with the unit itself and I've dropped it a couple of
times (just for fun). I'd like to know their repair/reliability stats...
Good luck, I know how it feels to do without it during a heavy tuning
schedule  %-(>   .

Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter