SAT - Hardware questions

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Mon, 06 Jan 1997 10:12:02 -0600

Michel,

   I wouldn't suggest trying this either, and don't know about the SAT's,
but many years ago I bought one of the original Sight-O-Tuners. I was
and placed the SOT on the roof while I put some things into the trunk, all
the while watching that I didn't step into the numerous puddles of water
around my car. I then proceeded to get into the car and drive off.
   While accelerating onto the highway, I heard a loud thump and looked in
my rearview mirror and saw my SOT (in its case) bouncing down the highway
behind me!
   It still worked for over a year, even though I had to give it an
occasional slap to get the lights rotating. When it finally "gave up the
ghost", I put it away, intending to have it repaired, but never did. I
still have it around here somewhere.
   At least now, I have a van. So if I ever manage to get an SAT, I don't
have to worry about pulling that kind of stupid stunt again. :-)

Avery

Michel Lachance, RPT wrote:

>3.  Shock trauma
>
>How much "Solid State" is the SAT.  Could it get over dropping it on
>the floor?  (Please, don't try it in order to answer the question)

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
713-743-3226