Tuners--Broken Pins

Richard M remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 06 Jan 1997 01:43:18 -0600

No broken tuning pins.   I did try once though.  It was a factory fresh
Aeolian spinet of the 70's or mabe that piano that had the name "Grand" but
one of the pins was bent too near its neighbor,so that I couldn't get my
hammer on it without forcing it.  Of course this led to all kinds of tuning
stability problems for both notes. Out of frustration, I got the  hammer in
the best
position and literally bent the pin back into a reasonable place.  It
bent easier than I anticipated, didn't break, (also as anticipated) and it
didn't ruin my tip.

Richard Moody